Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Continuous Learning

I had always considered myself a good developer, that is until I started looking at what other developers were doing. And I realised just how little I knew about the world of Software Development.

Anyway to cut a long story short, I came across an article by Justice Grey on what he was going to do to be come a better developer in six months. Justice also tagged a couple of guys so that they too would state what they were going to do in six months to become better developers.

Since niether Justice and his pals tagged me (since none know me) I tagged myself. And hence this blog was born. I am going to set goals for myself every six months, with regular reviews of my progress every two weeks.

so here is a list of my goals for the following six months
  • Get my MCPD certification. I am not going to download a couple transcender and memorise them. I am actualy going to go through the selfpaced trainning kits.
  • Read two books on software development every month.
  • Blog about my learning expriences

I am going to be putting more flesh to these objectives as time goes on.

1 comment:

Justice~! said...

I may not have tagged you, but oddly enough I ended up finding you through a comment on another blog (where my name was mentioned and my curiousiy was peaked!!) Please keep updating, I'd love to see where you're going.